Ford Spray in Bed-liner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rango88, Mar 3, 2013.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Well Guys I have $200 from gift certificates of Ford left over and I would like to use them. So I was thinking that I would go through ford and have them spray on a bed liner. My Question is anyone have experience with Ford Bed Liners (I heard they subcontract Line-X at most places) and do you think they would do this to my Ram without having any fuss?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

Well I know we don't do them in house where I work, we send them out.

I would make sure to give them very specific instructions (including a written set taped to the steering wheel) that all the bed bolts and the tailgate access panel are to be removed before spraying. If those get sprayed over and then ever have to be removed for any reason it absolutely destroys the bed liner, and makes it that much worse if the liner has fully set.

Just last week I had to remove the access panel on a 2013 F-150 that had been sprayed just a few days before because the guys that did it managed to screw up the back up camera. Despite my best efforts I buggered up the liner right around the bolts pretty good.

4. OP
    rango88

Thanks for the Tip, I'll be sure to let them know. Do you know where they get sent?

5. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

I am not 100% sure. There are a few local accessory and body shops that do it. Which one we send stuff out to is probably determined by who our general manager is pissed off at at the moment.

6. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

i personally dont see them honoring it...but who knows they may

7. OP
    rango88

Just got the truck back, Line-X did an amazing job, no runs, good taping and they removed all the hardware before spraying. Ford honored my discount so the Spray In cost me $421 tax included. All in all a good deal :)

8. Diablo

Diablo New Member

pics or gtfo ;)

9. OP
    rango88

lol planning on getting the truck waxed and cleaned in the next few weeks so I'll do a photosession so I can p*ss off a few Modular Ford guys :p