Finally done fixing her!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck_ranger, Nov 6, 2011.

1. So this is a great time for me. I just figured I'd let you all know that I fixed all the mechanical issues on the truck, except for one or two small things. But this is a great time for me, and I've never been happier! For y'all who have been following me, my truck's given me a hell of a time. Literally, every other weekend or more, something would be breaking... Two weeks ago, it was a water pump and gooseneck under the thermostat. This weekend, it was the driver's side hub assembly. A month ago, it was the brakes. So I've been working and stressing constantly over it. But thanks to Clinton, my dad, and friends in auto parts stores, I got it working nearly perfectly again. It still has it's interior and body issues, but hell... it drives smoother now than when I bought it five months ago next week. So, pardon me as I rant on about how happy I am to finally be done, as I'm sure y'all have had at least some of the feelings and issues I've had. Anyways, there's definitely a moral to this... Don't give up, and push through no matter how bad the circumstances may be. She's left me stranded miles from home, broken down on the side of a highway (when it's 40 degrees, and I couldn't have started the engine up)... Times may seem rough, and even seem hopeless, but never, NEVER give up. Persistence pays off, and you get a feeling of accomplishment. Now keep in mind, I am only 18 now, and I still have a lot more to learn to catch up to some of you guys.

One thing I really want to say is thanks to all of the guys/gals on here (if there are any gals) who helped out in some way.... Whether it was giving me advice on what to do, or an opinion of what was wrong... I am ever so grateful of your help. Some friends you really need to depend on sometimes. So let's keep this going! I am positive that on the other forum, people that might have helped, would have never been this friendly. To all the moderators and creators of this site, you really did a great job of keeping it in line here.

So, thanks for reading my little book here on how I feel. And let's hope the RedRanger keeps on chugging down the road. :thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I'm glad you decided to keep the truck dude. As long as you maintain it well, it wont let you down!

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I do. I'm still planning on taking it off road, but babying it more than a kitten. I'm honestly afraid to take it off because I don't want it to break lol But then I go through withdrawl from mud xD

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I hear ya. I shredded my cv when I went mudding and it just cost too much money and picked mud out of my truck for a month! So no more off roading like that for me!

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Just the easy stuff, eh? Haha. If you come down my way next spring or summer, I can take you down where there's tons of trails. Nothing bad at all, just some good mud holes... Most of them are avoidable though.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

We'll see. If the truck gets all new paint, there is no trail riding after that!

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah you say that now..... then after you get that all fresh and new paint you'll be out one day and say tou your self..... self lets go on a light trail.... and boom big scratch in the paint.... lol

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Then I just run it into a tree and collect the insurance!

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I don't care about a few scratches, I care about how many tears are in the side of it... I'll post pics of the bed tomorrow or whenever I can lol

11. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

uhhhhh... All stars bro. You remind me of Van Goh's painting (or however you spell it) lol

13. Demon

P u s s y

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You just wish your truck was as badass as mine xD

15. Demon

i was talking about hooligan lol but if u want to compare trucks we can do that

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Oh, whoops. Didn't see the quote lol But you're still jealous. Hahaha. I know it!

17. Demon

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad Level II
    Owner: Me, West Michigan
    Tires & Wheels: 33"x10.5" BFG KM2's on 15x7 painted alcoas
    Suspension: stock, 3 inch body lift
    Drivetrain: 4:10 gears, torson lok LS rear, dana 35 with detroit tru trac l/s front
    Performance Mods: SCT X-Cal II tuner, Flowmaster 40 seires dumped exhuast, K&N FIPK
    Other: line-x'd bed cover, Line-X bed liner, line-x rocker panels, 2 12 inch subs, 2 amps, 8000k hid headlights, euro tails, sport trac white gauge cluster, and clear coners.

18. Demon

oh i have a pic for u as well about those tires u were looking into

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Which ones were they?

20. Demon

i'll just post them here

21. OP
    Redneck_ranger