F150 ecoboost in the desert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diabolical Ranger, May 5, 2012.

1. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4WF8Oe3wYQ&feature=relmfu[/ame]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Is it possible to swap an eco-boost engine into my truck? I WANT!!!!!!

4. finn611

finn611 happiness is a warm gun

Hasnt been done yet that i know of, but there was an ecoboost for sale around here out of a taurus sho and the trans with 18,000 for $5,800

5. Hmmmmm..... **** the 5.0, I'll go ecoboost! Lmao. I'm gonna research it a bit and see what's all involved. Hell, I might do it instead of lifting the truck this summer.

6. It sounds like a strong freakin motor for sure

7. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I was at the Ford dealer not too long ago and the guy I was talkin to said they will be replacing the ranger with an f100 with a v6 twin turbo Eco boost motor

8. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i know know im buying an eco boost f150 for my next new truck

9. camodown

camodown Member

I've heard when off roading with the ecoboost that once it gets hot there is a noticeable drop in power until it cools back down but that is all I've heard bad about it.

10. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i dont care about the offroad use of it, but anything that can make it threw the baja 1000 and live is a damn good truck, i dont offroad alot with anything, so id use it for on road

11. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

That's pretty impressive. Only 1/3 of those who start actually finish the race. This will definitely be a great motor and good things to come from Ford. And as many of you mentioned already, I wouldn't mind doing a swap myself.

12. camodown

camodown Member

I wonder what the size of the ecoboost is compared to a 5.0

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

sweeet! theyre pretty sweet my grandpa has one, ive ridden it and that truck is so quiet you cant hear much but in the vid that v6 sounds pretty boss.

idk if you guys ever watch the show Gearz with stacey david but they did just a cat back kit on an eco boost and it was like 50hp gain no joke! plus theres tuners for them i believe