Engine stalls

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 95 Ranger, Oct 8, 2009.

1. 95 Ranger

95 Ranger New Member

I have a 95' Ranger 4.0. I put the motor in the truck. Th truck was a 4cly changed the copmtuer and wiring harness. I go to start the truck it wont i idle and stalls. It stay running 10 secs then shuts off.Need some help.unsure:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bowmaster85

bowmaster85 New Member

fuel

Couple of questions...Did you check the fuel pressure and how much do you have at the fuel rail. the port should be at end of the rail. It may not be getting enough volume. Also how old is the fuel filter that could be causing a problem.

4. OP
    95 Ranger

95 Ranger New Member

Well found the problem. Was looking around and i saw a ground wire on the right of the motor that was not grounded. Hooked it up now the motor runs fine idles and stays running. Who a ground wire would make it not run.