electrical problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rangeredgewhite, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Rangeredgewhite

Rangeredgewhite Ranger>Tacoma

hey guys, i recently got my positive and negative cables replaced by ford because the positive was corroded on the inside and once in a while the truck would not start so long story short today i went to start my truck and the same thing happened! so i removed the clamps and cleaned the terminals but i dont want to have to do this every week, any solutions ? (im pretty sure this occured because their was alot of acid) ive put vaseline on it but is their anything else i could use that would be better and slow down the build up, thanks in advance

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

um shoot..battery disconnect switch..i think i have seen them somewhere. hold on ill go searching.

4. OP
    Rangeredgewhite

okay man much appreciated

5. greenmachine2000

6. greenmachine2000

there ya go, best option.

7. OP
    Rangeredgewhite

okay man ill order it tommorow probaly and also what about this would this work? [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COO1P4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000CON4MA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CG85DD8EC0J6SM8ER49[/ame]

8. greenmachine2000

yeah but you will have to open hood everytime to shut it off lol the one i posted you dont have too.

9. OP
    Rangeredgewhite

lol **** that then aha thanks for the help

10. greenmachine2000

just have to wire it in, but if you planning on fixing short soon dont blow money..

11. OP
    Rangeredgewhite

12. greenmachine2000

anytime man lol