Double Lifted on 33"s or 35"s?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TurdFX4, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Double Lifted on 33's or 35's

Poll closed Feb 10, 2012.
  1. 33"

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. 35"

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. TurdFX4

TurdFX4 Schuylkill Countys Finest

Before I do my superlift and get new tires, Im trying to decide what would be better, 33"s or 35"s? I currently have 33"s on the truck now and it looks good. They do rub a lil but thats not really my concern with the 35"s. I just don't know how it would look. I've seen a couple trucks that are double lifted but only have 33"s and they do look good. Im just trying to get opinions here guys

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

35s will wear your **** out a lot faster

4. OP
    TurdFX4

Yeah this is what I hear

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I say 35s after your coilover conversion and gear swap

6. OP
    TurdFX4

If i did a gear swap, I'd have to ditch the torsen in the rear and upgrade. I heard they wont work with a gear lower than 4.10

I mean, dont get me wrong, I'd love to have 4.56's, but then Id have to swap out the differential... and honestly while I was at it, id put a L/S in the front too

and if Im willing to do all that.. why not SAS it lolol... it all snowballs

7. pooleo

pooleo New Member

33's FTW. The stuff look is not cool

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

33s, cheaper, less wear, better mpg, less power to turn them and they won't rub

9. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

33's it is then!

10. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

35s ;) double lift just begs for it

11. 2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

this

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

33's is my vote. If you put 35's on you will be dumping more money into your truck over a matter of 2 inches

13. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

this....

14. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Hey lol.. It's all part of the game

15. OP
    TurdFX4

I could use 2 more inches though

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

They sell pills for that....stick with the 33's

17. OP
    TurdFX4

Baha

18. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

35's... Don't be a bitch. lol.

Aaaaand you can say this from experience???

The additional wear is minimal. Having had 35's on mine for going on 5 years now and approaching 60k, I can say that from experience. Yes everything under the front save for the inner rod ends have been replaced. But that's fairly normal for any of these trucks with 140k on them. It needed BJ's at like 70k, bearing failed at like 110k, outer rod ends at about 115. My point being, I feel the stock parts lasted their lives just fine...I couldn't have been happier. But the best part of it all is the replacements that have age (moog bj's) are lasting ALOT better than the stock parts they replaced. It irks me when people give suggestions based on "heresay".

If you can swing 35's right off the bat, I'd suggest that. DEFINITELY you would want to look into gearing it. Period. I still pull 19-20 on the freeway and have tons of spirited in-city driving. Not to mention actually having a good slow torquey low gear when playing. 4.88's ftw.

19. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

[​IMG]

20. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Hahahahahaha SIG WORTHY

21. OP
    TurdFX4

Well, I was going to replace pretty much everything while the whole front end is apart, moog uca's, moog lower bj's, tie rod ends, possibly the axles too right away, and drop the front diff and change out the gear oil... its all basically preventative , although the lower bj on the driver side is going bad. Both hubs have been replaced since within the last 2 years... the driver side being replaced 3 times ( they told me the wrong torque, dont judge me lol )

There's a girl here thats selling a older lifted S-10 with 35" cooper stt's which have barely any mileage on them, Im loooking into buying the tires off of her.

And I was thinking 4.56's if I would do a re-gear... but if I go with 4.56 why not go with 4.88's... but I know id have to ditch the Torsen rear and go with another L/S or a locker