Does the glove box have a bulb?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Dcrymes99ranger, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Stupid question I saw a picture of a glove box in a thread and it had a led light in it. I haven't even noticed one being in mine. Can someone correct me if i'm wrong, and if I do have one in there where exactly it's located and what bulb it is? Thanks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

mine had one then one day it stopped lighting up

4. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Some do, some don't... not sure what year they stopped including it, but mine has one.

I dropped in one of my 5smd led's & now I can actually see all the junk in there.

It'll be part of the latch assembly, above the U loop thing that catches the door latch will be the flapper switch that controls the light above that will be the bulb. Mine had a plastic cover kinda thing around it & I trimmed it down for better light.

5. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

Ok I looked a while ago and no go!! Kinda sucks. Cause I was wanting more leds.

6. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

my 03 has one...put one of buggmans LEDs in and wow what a difference

7. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

If you can find the latch/bulb/switch ass'y from a JY donor, you should be able to swap them out. You'll need a 12v constant power source & ground.

8. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

Ok, I may get one then. Cool. Thanks for the help everyone.

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

mine dont have one.... :(

10. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

Well go to the jy buy one and do a how to write up on it lol, so it will be easy on me!!!

11. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol i may do it..... just depends on how much cash i got and the time.....

12. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

Take lots of pics and do a how to seriously!!! Would be a big help.

13. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

if i can find one for the right price i'll def do a how to....

14. Marty, some yards won't even charge you for small things. Especially if you paid to get in. I never noticed if mine had one. Gotta go look tomorrow lol

15. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

not around here pete.... no pay to get in no u pull it and they like to charge out the wazoo for little parts.....

16. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

When I got my cluster and hvac unit I aso got the bolts for free. He only charged me 40.00 for the cluster/hvac