Custom Fab and Plating available

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by gcextreme, Feb 15, 2012.

1. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Ok so I work for an Automations factory, we build automated packing machines. Anyway, we have a machine shop, welding, sheet metal stuff, lathes, and more.

I do alot of custom stuff for my truck and motorcycle.
    Right now I am working on a Front Hitch for my truck that will also double as my brush/grille guard mount.

I have recently had the sheet metal guy, make a copy of the OHC mount bracket. Pictured below.

If you have need for one of these, let me know. Alot of people are selling the OHCs with the brackets, but some may only need the bracket, and someone selling the OHC and bracket may not want to just sell the mount bracket.
    So if you need just a bracket, I can get you one made for $15 -$20 + Shipping.

Also, if you are in need of any other smaller modifications using the following:
    Sheetmetal, SS Sheetmetal, LEXAN/Plexiglass, UHMW (white hard plastic), spacers (round or square), threaded rods, aluminum diamond plate, aluminum plates, and more, let me know, I will see what i can do for u.
    I can't promise you it will be fast, because my co-workers can't put personal projects in front of work related stuff. It took my bud the sheet metal guy about a week to do the below bracket.

Also, if you are in need of any odd ball bolts/nuts, socket heads, button heads, (most can also be in stainless steel), I have access to tons of bolts and stuff, even some metric (stainless metric is limited tho).
    Also stuff like Ruland collars, ruland clamps, hand knobs/kip handles, and more.
    I will TRY to see whay i can get/buy for you.

I scrounge thru the different SCRAP bins alot, bins for Aluminum, SS, Steel, and Copper/Brass.

Also if you have such items you want Black Andodized (aluminum parts) or Elec. Nickel plate (Steel) which is like a grunge silver finish, not chrome though, and QPQ (steel) which is a black finish that actually HARDENS the metal.
    I will get pics up of these different platings/finishes.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Can you make me some Black Diamond Plated Sheet Metal Rocker Panels? If you need measurements or can possibly do it I'd be a happy camper. Im in no hurry

4. OP
    gcextreme

Sorry we don't have sheet metal diamond plate. The only diamond plate I know we have is aluminum stuff that's thick, won't bend like that.
    Sorry. And we can't black and sheet metal, just aluminum. Sheet metal gets painted if it's steel.

5. Hmmmm... I am getting a tonneau cover for my truck, and ditching the toolbox. Is there anyway that a small inside the bed box can be made to go from my tailgate to just over the wheelwell for my tools?

6. Here's a really bad drawing of kinda what I'm looking for. I'll have to get you the measurements if you can do it

7. OP
    gcextreme

Yeah but that would be pretty big, shipping would suck. And it would have to be welded together, or made so you could bolt it together. And would have to buy that much material, it would take forever to find that much in the scrap bin that would work.

If you lived close, I would sure try to make you one, but i am talking more about doing smaller stuff. Like stuff for dashes, and an insert for that gap area by the cd player, and maybe other stuff like grille covers/inserts, light bars, etc.

Shoot me some other small ideas, lol.
    What about small A-arm skids?
    Body lift Gap guards made from Aluminum Diamond plate, or SS. Sheet metal.

Mounts for subs/amps, etc made from Alm Diamond plate.

8. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Can you custom fab me some lift shackles? I was thinkin about doin it myself but dont think I have the right stuff. If you could do it for cheaper than the internet guys, Id definitly be interested!

9. I could use the gap guards for sure. My truck looks naked without them lol How much would it be for a set of them?

And nevermind on the toolbox, I forgot about shipping. Thanks man

10. El Camino Man

Someone explain what gap guards are lol

11. Remember the pics I showed you of the bed supports? Well the gap guards cover the gap between your bed and frame. Let me see if I can find a pic of mine...

[​IMG]

Can't really tell, but they cover up the see-through area of the underside of the bed.

12. El Camino Man

Gotcha. So basically its for looks? And this happens because of a BL?

13. El Camino Man

14. Yep. I know LMC has them for $20ish for the rubbery/fabricky material lol But I'd rather metal so it washes off easier.

15. El Camino Man

Makes sense. Get some poilished stainless ones and some shiny rims. Thatd look Bad Azz!

16. El Camino Man

And again it might clash...

17. lol I ain't flashy like that. I'd probably paint em in spray on liner.

18. El Camino Man

Thatd prolly be betetr. Theyd last longer. Or you could ask about that black coating stuff the OP mentioned

19. Yeah. I'll have to see the price for them before I make a final decision. I have a ton of liner left because of my rockers lol

20. El Camino Man

Lol yea. Im sure that black stuff aint cheap but idk. Im not a machinest lol

21. Don't think it is, but it's worth it if you have the cash