currently working on a new mod....

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by klinger86, Jan 19, 2012.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

this mod is gonna be for you guys that wanna do the 98-00 swap to the 01+ front end.... now during the swap you would normally either diconnect one bulb holder or hide the bulb al together i am currently working on a bulb that will let you reuse the second bulb holder to perform the turn signal mod... i loved that the oe turns worked on the side as well... or atleast a little bit. and i happened to think about it and came up with this idea... i'll try to get a pic/video of version one.....

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

what no pics wth man

4. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

havent gotten any close to finished yet.... just made the prototype and didnt even have it completely finished when i went to test it....

5. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

so you pretty much swap the plugs so the corner light is the 'unused' socket in most swaps?

6. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah basically....

7. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

seems like a good idea to me. easier than the blinker mod.

8. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Hey if anyone has a 01+ front end that wants my 00 il be more than happy to swap ;)

9. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol i got all my stuff off of evilbay for right around 300... and got a few misc fastners from lmctruck for 6-7 bucks....

10. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah eventually i wanna get it to where i have a bunch of the corner sockets and the bulb socket for the turnsignals and it should be just plug and play....

11. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

ok guys here are some mock up pics of v1 of the turn signal mod for the 98-00 to 01+..... now remember these are no where near finished....

3157 connector
    [​IMG]

turn signal connector with new wiring
    [​IMG]

ignore the crappy cell pics... will try to get better pics tomorrow when finished.... and for those of you that want to get buggmans led adapters that go under the 06+ ranger badges i believe i have found a way to hook them up to flash as well with this mod....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  12. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

As long as its cleaned up and the contacts are hidden real nicely in some wire loom, it should turn out quite well atually

13. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

looking good

14. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well guys version 1 is just about finished.... gotta put a couple more coats of liquid tape on and then the wiring loom cover for an oe look and put on my truck to test... hopefully i should be able to offer them to you guys pretty cheap... oh sorry for the delay my soldering iron went kaput so i had to do it the old fashion way... thank god i had a torch here at the house.... pics of v1 finished hopefully tonight....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  15. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well version one is finished and took a couple of pics and hope to get a video of them on the truck sunday....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Wow dude, that's clean! Good job

17. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

thanks man..... yeah i just hope it works like i think it will if not back to the drawing board.... lol

18. looks good, way to go man

19. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the only thing is i may have to mod the bulb holders for the corners so they will fit in the corner housings.... hope i dont have to

20. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

[​IMG]

Very Niiice.

I think one of the 4 thingies that stick out on the bulb holders is larger than the others, but it should be easy enough to trim down with an x-acto knife.

21. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah i'm gonna try it without modding first i had to mod my corners to allow for the oe harness when i did the swap....