Crate or Used?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BBLoom, Aug 3, 2012.

1. BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

So I am looking to put a 302 Boss in my truck but I am on a budget. I looked at crate motors and they are about $7000 (w/out s&h). I have looked over craigslist and ebay for a used motor but I have found nothing. What would you guys do? Buy one new or start sifting through junk yards?
    Thanks!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i'd be checking around for a used junkyard engine, actually i'd try to find a compleate running 5.0 explorer as a donor vehicle, something you could hear run and drive before you bought it. buying just an engine from the junkyard is fairly risky, there's always a chance it's blown up, seized or really worn out, in which case you spent money on a compleate parts engine, lol.

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I myself would try the junkyard route first

5. mattray

mattray New Member

What would is save up the money and do it right the 1st time there more to it than droping a motor in it...