cooling issues

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by ZRanger28, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

just wanna run this by you guys. see what your opinions are.

The ranger has been running hot. bout 3/4 or more up the temp guage. it use to run under the half way mark no matter what.

now sitting it gets to the middle of the guage and if i drive to school. ( i drive 70 miles to school one way ) and an average speed of 70mph.

now this is when it gets hot.

just running its hot but doesnt get to red but it gets to the top of the guage.

I just put a new motorcraft thermostat ( yes in the right position )

Its got the stock fan back on it now.

any ideas of what it could be?

Im flushing the radiator tommorrow to see maybe it needs cleaned . or maybe it needs a new water pump. im not totally sure

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

If you replaed the thermostat you could also replace the sender unit. That sensor only controls the dash needle, nothing else, but its a cheap and easy to replace part.

Chech for "Ranger temperature sender unit" at eBay, you have to choose your engine specific sensor (2.3-3.0-4.0), some are a single wire sensor and other have 2 wires.

4. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

Well i replaced the sending unit. it still goes up high but it reads alot more steady.

Im thinking maybe i got a bad motorcraft thermostat. Ill try getting another one and see if that does it.