CL / ebay find: cool truck

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by mcdonald58, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

what's wrong with the interior? i wish i had a red interior, lol. badass little truck!

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

red interior from a 3rd gen is what i dream of lol

5. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

make the trip and buy it... it could be your parts truck for your auto switch. its a cheap price also for low miles.

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

http://hartford.craigslist.org/ctd/3223047195.html
    im actually thinking about getting this truck for my 4x4. i like how it already has the 3 in lift kit installed. how hard is it to install a fuel pump? would i at least be able to drive it home? i would change the interior around with expo or mustang buckets and maybe a full expo console, black carpet, maybe cover the headliner in black. i think with some work i could turn it into a awesome truck.

7. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

Fuel pump isnt bad, Since its got a body lift that means someone has taken the bed bolts out at one time. Id lift the bed then the fuel tank sender is right there. That truck has potential but you are stuck with the 93-94 dash which would be the deal breaker for me

8. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

yea thats one thing that i really dont like. i think the lift might be from factory because i looked up the vin and its an stx. and i believe that it came with a 3 in body lift from factory.

9. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

I never heard of that before? I could be wrong but I doubt they had a factory body lift

10. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

go for it man, like kanuck said a fuel pump is easy as hell to replace, just yank the bed off and it's right there

11. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

would i be able to drive it back to my house or school which is two minutes away from my house to fix it? or would i have to have it towed?

12. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

the real question would how hard it would be to get that bed off with all the rust that will be on the bolts.

13. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

sometimes you can get the fuel pump to work temporarally by banging on the gas tank with a rock or a 2x4, but once they're dead they're usually dead. if it's close enough to you're house have it towed, or look into renting a tow dolly and drag it home with you're truck.

14. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i would have to have it towed. i only have a hitch ball that i put through my bumper. i also only have a 2wd 4 cylinder.

15. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i'd say you're truck would pull it just fine if you had a hitch, just very slowly. but for the time and aggrivation involved it would be worth it to just have it towed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.