Coil pack?

Discussion in '4.0 Engine' started by seriouscoin1, Mar 29, 2012.

1. seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Hey guys. So I just got this truck, and I really want to get all the maintenance done at once so I know that its all done for sure. I am going to get new wires, and plugs and have stumbled upon the "Screamin Demon" coil pack. Do any of you have this? Any benefit beyond stock? I have read that you can gap the plugs more with this. I just wanted to get your experience with this. :thumbsup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan does have one.

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I do have the Screamin Demon pack, and the plugs can be bumped up to a .065 gap. I like the fact that it is a brand new cool coil pack with plugs but I saw little to no difference at all. In my opinion, if you can afford it, just get it, and later on combine it with a custom tune, I think it will be a great combination and the engine will pur!

5. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe i will just get the wires and plugs for now.... Until i find out what this new oil leak is :(

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Anytime, definitly get the leak taken care of first. Also shop around for those coil packs, I found mine 50% off and thats the only reason I bought it.

7. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Ya I will shop around. I hate oil leaks.... Its little, but it's concerning as its dripping off CV/hub area.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Throw out a pic of it. I thought I had an oil leak too but it was the CV seal

9. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Ya I will get one up, I just did a quick look to see if it was ripped but I didnt see anything.

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Good deal, just throw it out in its own thread so everyone can take a look for ya