clutch reservoir?

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by 1995-350, Dec 17, 2012.

1. 1995-350

1995-350 New Member

someone had cut the line on my clutch and all the fluid drained out getting air in the lines. so we put the line back on and it will change gears but you have to keep pumping it up to do stuff with it in the morning but if you pump it up anough in the morning its fine the wrest the day. now my dad told me some clutch reservoirs have a rubber thing in tham that you have to pull out to fill it up and it keep air from going back in the lines do the 3.0s have these?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Im not sure on that one but you shouldn't have to keep pumping it. Try bleeding the clutch.

4. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

how would i go about bleeding the clutch with the transmission being in it?

5. Freemans 00

smart remark but ok. Yes your clutch is located inside the transmission, BUT there is a bleeder hole im not sure where on a Ranger but on my eclipse it wasnear the exhaust manifold. What you do is pump the clutch and hold it while another person releases that screw and it will have air come out then they will tighten it and you will pump again and hold while they do what they did until all the air is out of the pedal and you should have a stiff clutch pedal when its all said and done.

6. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

sorry didnt mean for it to be a smart remark lol. so pretty much its the same set up as bleeding brakes allright ill give that a try thanks man

7. Freemans 00

make sure you find the right bleeder hole like i said idk where its located at.

8. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

allrighty i look up in my hayens manual were its located at thanks

9. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

the bleeder is on the trans bell housing. your gonna need to jac up the front of the truck up as high as possible to get the best bleed. its reccomend to bench bleed these slaves cause once they are in the truck they are near impossible to bleed completely

10. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

we got the truck bleed yesterday it shifts good now the the last owner was hard on it so the sencanizer are bad but if you give it time it shifts smooth:)