Cleaned the F150 up good!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dixie_boysles, Oct 23, 2012.

1. dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

Spent about 6 hours cleaning the ol girl Saturday. Lexol'd the seats really well, vacuumed, wiped all interior panels down cleaned engine, cleaned the wheel wells and tire shined. Not too bad for a 8 year old truck (technically 9). My brother offered me 17 on the truck today, seriously considering it. Would love a newer one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lookin good! thinkin about an ecoboost??

4. OP
    dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

nah i "want" a used 2011 Lariat with the 5.0. But they still cost too much

5. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ahh, i hear ya man, that would be super nice

6. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

What's your budget? why not get a lower trim F150 with the 5L?

7. ob269

ob269 New Member

Scott seems to "need" the lariat.. He has had two now since his Ranger(all within like 6 months lol)

8. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

i would want the 5.0 too lol...but after having a top of the line truck you wouldnt want to settle for anything less

9. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

more like within a month lol

10. OP
    dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

LOL guys. It was TWO months haha. Bought the Red one November 2011 sold January 2011. Bought the White one late January 2011 and have owned since. But yeah once you own the Cadillac of F150's you dont want to settle for an XLT or less. Dont get me wrong, you can get some nice optioned XLTs such as Dj's, but still they are no Lariat or FX4. I like having leather and every almost every option available. (power adjust pedals, sunroof, power back glass, AutoClimate air conditioning/heat, heated seats, etc...

I was just unhappy with the Red F150 after owning it a little. Hated the black interior once I got it, hated the color once I owned it and hated the diesel sound from bad cam phasers ( I didnt know about them alot when i bought it).

Soooo I found this truck that was alot prettier, had the options I wanted and got it for a great price. I just have this urge to have a 11' model with the less problematic 5.0 engine and a 6-speed (better gas mileage). BUT it would not be financially smart to purchase it. Sure it gets better gas mileage, but the payment would be significantly higher and would cancel out all gas savings.

Im just going to keep the truck and enjoy it. So enjoy my clean pics!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  11. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

GET A PLATINUM!!!!! they are soo god damn nice

12. OP
    dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

you have no idea how BAD I want a Platinum.

6.2 V8, 4x4 White Platinum Tricoat SuperCrew 5.5' bed with 2" level and 295/65/20 Nitto Terra Graps on Fuel Hostage Chrome wheels. My dream truck. BUT I dont have 55-60k for that

something similar to this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or a black on like this if I could ever own black

[​IMG]

or this red one

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  13. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

^ i'd take any of them haha. they all look so badass especially the black and red

14. OP
    dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

the guy with the red one gets a new one about every year mods it to the max, then trades it in

15. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

those are nice, id probly get a raptor versus a platinum though

16. OP
    dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

They are nice, but I still like the comforts of the Platinum lol

17. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

i figured lol

18. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

how did you ever survive with a ranger? lol

19. OP
    dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles New Member

I LOVED my ranger but had power nothing for 6 years of ranger ownership. So once i got it in the F150 along with all the other features, no going back lol

Also once I sold the Red F150 and was back in the Ranger for a month before I found my white one, I was very uncomfortable and cramped. I thought I would have an "AHHHHH" moment to be back in the Ranger, but NOPE. I wanted creature comforts back.

Plus the Ranger would have never worked out with the child now (whole reasoning for upsizing). We have used it for its purposes fully. I can carry the whole family in the truck plus two more peeps

20. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i know someone with a Platinum and its pure awesomeness

21. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

I prefer the look of the fx2 (my dream f150 if i were to get one)
    [​IMG]
    Dixie any pics of the interior of your truck, I forget what it looks like :p