Classified Ads - Poor Comments !

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Scrambler82, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

We need to clean up our method of commenting on and posting within the Classified Forum !

I have noticed a lot of people can’t resist F’g up someone else's sale with stupid comments based on something they think !

Why hurt a member’s sale with a comment that doesn’t bring something good to the posting ?

Why make a comment that may stop a sale in its tracks, just because of something you said; you might as well be a SPAMMER if you screw up a sale for no good reason.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ?

I would like the admin to consider changing rules on the Classified Forum and do not allow posting to ads that are not directly related to and will hurt a sale of the item.

Also, IF you do know of a problem with the item, like you know it is a bad part for sale, and it is posted in the Classified Section, contact an Admin to make the call, it is not your responsibility to stop or F-up a sale just because you think so !

I will get off the soap box now.
    Thanks for listening, LTRg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

I do agree with you, there is no need for off topic, or unwanted banter in he classifieds

4. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

True. I never like seeing a for sale thread and half way down joe schmo says he can get the same thing elsewhere cheaper or that junk isn't worth $5.
    Sometimes a bit of friendly chatter is ok, sometimes it can lead to another deal or something useful.

5. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

I will try to work up some more rules, seems like the admins are Mia once again, an it's just me and one other mod on here doing stuff

6. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Anything would be good, thanks.

Ltr

7. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Great suggestion Scrambler...Thanks for speaking up to improve the forum..

8. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  9. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

new rule to the classifieds!!!!!!!!!!

unwanted banter will now warrant a warning on first offence
    2 offence will get you a 1 week vacation
    3rd offence 1 month vacation
    4th offence.... perma ban

that is all

10. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Thanks for listening and doing something, I hope this will help more than cause grief.

Ltr

12. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

Way to speak up Scrambler. I've noticed this in a few forums I'm on, some have rules in place like this now and other don't. I tend not to try and sell things on the ones that don't.