Civic LX or Corolla S

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemans 00, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Alright guys my 2008 F150 has the Cam phaser issue and lets just say that trucks is in a world of mess. I went to the dealer and they offered me $8500 for my Rtitle truck. I can get a 2010 Corolla S for 10.3k with 15k miles its grey and a 4door or I can get a 2012 Honda Civic LX color of my choice 4 door brand new for $900 more. I dont know what to pick so shoot me some advice on which one to get.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Freemans 00

and yes Im going to a car it felt so weird driving my truck then getting in a little toy car ill miss a truck but not the gas mileage it gets lol

4. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

i would go for the honda civic

5. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Get the Civic.

6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i think i'd go for the honda. i don't really like eather but the honda is brand new. if i had the choice of getting something new for $900 more than something used, i'd go for the new car.

7. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

civic.
    to bad its a 4 door though

8. OP
    Freemans 00

I can get a 2 door civic but with having a kid it makes it hard car seat wise. I decided to go with the civic ill have some pics up tomorrow or later this week

9. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

I'll be different here and state that I'd go for the Corolla. If you read the reviews of the new civic that came out last year (?) they aren't good. The styling isnt as nice and the quality was questionable (Car and Driver) so between a 2010 Corolla 1.8L or a 2012 Civic, I'd take the Corolla. The civic will have higher insurance premiums (newer and a civic). If it was between a 2010 civic (a great era of Honda civics) or the corolla then the civic hands down, but those new civics arent getting the raves they used to get.

10. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

:eek::eek:when did that happen??

11. OP
    Freemans 00

LOL well lets just say Ive known this girl for a very very very long time and the oppurtunity came to be in a relationship with her and she has a kid. Now the baby daddy want and has nothing to do with the 8month girl. Ive been helping take care of that kid and providing for her for a few months now. When a kid that you didnt produce ask for you all the time and gives you a face like why are you leaving then that pretty much says hey your what I know as a dad dont leave. Situation you have to be in to understand probably.

12. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Good of you to provide a reliable father figure in her life :)

13. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

that's excellent man, way to step up to the plate!