chrome removeal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hazard-maine, Jul 4, 2012.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

what is the easiest way to remove chrome? would a twisted wire wheel on a grinder work?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Easiest way is to sand blast it but to do it yourself your way will work or you may just be able to use a grinder

4. OP
    hazard-maine

i have a cheap ass sand blaster but i dont feel like buying sand for it, and i think the wire wheel would work better then a grinding wheel

5. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

What are you trying to take the chrome off of?

6. OP
    hazard-maine

7. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

You might be able to sand as much of the chrome off as possible, then spray some self etching primer on before you paint.

8. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

a grinder/wire wheel will just chew the **** out of the bumper...sandblast it