Checking Interest: Black Leather Explorer seats and Camo Bench NC

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by drppdyllwrngr, Dec 11, 2011.

1. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

Just wanting to test the waters here. As most of you know, I buy, recover, and sell seats. I haven't done much lately due to moving and not having my garage set up yet. Well, time is close to have it up and running and the pile of acquired seats is getting bigger.

I have two seats I think I know what I want to do with them, but I want to see if there is any interest in them before spending the money on them.

First up is a set of full power (both seats) Explorer buckets. For these, I was thinking black leather fronts (what touches your body) with black vinyl trimmings (this is how most leather seats are). I'm thinking about putting seat heaters in these, making them pretty much top of the line. This would be something never available in an Explorer, heated black leather seats. I'm not exactly sure what I would charge for these, but probably something in the $8-900 shipped (lower 48). Would be a little less with no heaters or if you wanted to do a local pickup.

Here are how these seats are now, just for reference what seats they are.
    [​IMG]

Second is a bench out of a Gen 1/2. (I actually have two if there are more than one person really interested) I was thinking about doing it with camo inserts and maybe a dark brown or tan trimmings. Thinking possibly seat heaters as well, to help sell to the "outdoorsy" type who may come back to his truck cold. I'm thinking this seat would be in the $6-700 range with heaters and shipping (lower 48). Again, local pickup would drop the price some.

Here is the bench I would redo:
    [​IMG]

Paypal is my preferred method of payment. I am willing to set up a "payment plan" if you can't do a large lump payment. I just ask that you follow through with what you say you will do without having to ask for it each time. If you wanted to meet up in person, cash would be fine as well. I am willing to drive up to 200 miles round trip, anything over that would require some gas money. I'm located in Castle Hayne/Wilmington, NC. (28429/28405)

Again, this is just a feeler. But, If you are really serious about wanting a set of these, I can go ahead and take a deposit and secure them for you.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I would love some camo inserts in my seats lol I'm probably gonna get some Expo buckets eventually and might end up yanking the leather lol

4. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

would the bench fit a 2000 xlt sup-cab?

5. Yup, shoulda guessed that was coming....lol ^

6. Captured Time

what both my sats are **** and i want new ons but have always liked the bench

7. I thought you were going for the camo aspect? xD

8. Captured Time

well yeah .... what do you think im stupid??

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

guys buy some stuff off of him he does excellent work..... and prices are pretty reasonable..... had him redo a arm rest for my center console and it's freakin awesome.....

10. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

it won't be a direct bolt in, but can be made to work. i did one for a guy on rps and he put it in his gen 3 ext cab. i think the front two lined up, but he had to drill new holes for the rear two. then you would have to figure out seat belt mounting.

Klinger, thanks for the kind words!

11. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

not a problem still love the armrest man

12. Captured Time

ok man im going to look for the fram and see how bad it will be and get back to you on it

13. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

14. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

15. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

16. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

17. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

recovered the explorer seats in black leather and sold them. can get more and do it again if there is interest

18. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are the ones i just did for a guy......i can get another set at anytime and do it again!

19. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

those seats are awesome. nice job.

20. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

21. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member