CB question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Achromious, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Achromious

Achromious New Member

So this is kinda like the driving lights thread.. why do people have Cb's. What do you guys use them for/how often?

Just wondering cause I don't have one and I've been thinking about it.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

wen i get mine im usuing it to talk to buddys wen talkn the trucks sumwhere instead of being on the cellphone and to just listen to truckers while on the highway

4. If stuck in the desert out of cell service you can generally get tune in a cb channel and have someone get you a land line, so I guess emergency situations and hear trucker chatter at times

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

^^this and when on long trips where there are a lot of truckers around if they see a cop they generally say it over the cb.

6. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah that's pretty much what I'd figured. Cool well I kinda like the idea of having one so maybe thatll be a future addition, who knows

7. I wanted one really for no reason. I don't use it at all, and was thinking about selling it, but it was a christmas gift from my aunt. So I don't want to offend her... I sometimes listen to random people ramble on about random things, but it's mostly there for show.

8. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Id use it for them smokeys (cops lol). Iv been wanting one for awhile and I think Id use it quite a bit. Itd be mosty to help me from bein bored. Truckers are interesting sometimes

9. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i use mine because i tend to go to northern maine alot, and up there you get a 3% chance of getting cell signal, so if something were to happen i have my cb as back up, and i talk to alot of guys around here when im driving, it can be more fun then listenin to the radio

10. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I pretty much exclusively used mine when either a: bullshizzing with friends when we're driving around town.....convoy style or b: when wheeling doing the same bullshizzing with friends. or c: yelling at an idiot through the PA when they don't have their lights on at 8pm at night!! lol.

It's a shame I make mine swing 85W when I only use it in close range. lol.