Carnage thread

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Redneck_ranger, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Alright, so I searched and didn't find one anywhere. I was wondering what everyone else went and did (or someone else did) to their truck(s). No, it doesn't absolutely HAVE to be a Ranger (unless the mods say otherwise). So let's see some pics of your damages!

I'll start out, not the Ranger, but another close truck to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing done to the Ranger....yet....lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I KNOW Hooligan has an addition to this thread lol

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Oh god, do I want to know? lol

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Blown CV, here is the video with the noise it makes
    [​IMG]
    Carnage to my leg while doing the teardown
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Brad for helping, We tore it apart, New cv's, 1 seal control arm, all new ball joints

This is the cv, only the boot held it together
    [​IMG]

The rest of the old stuff
    [​IMG]

Post carnage celebration (Truck pics) lol
    [​IMG]

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

im still waitin to see the before hospital pics.... lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that's all the carnage pics that i have of any of my vehicles.....

7. Superlifted06FX4

Superlifted06FX4 Last of the V8s

8. Sinister04Fx4

Sinister04Fx4 Everything is a project.

9. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Luckily no wrecks for me. But plenty of the other sort of carnage... The following is a small portion. lol.

First day after working the kinks out on a brand spankin' new engine + grabby arse clutch + locker + traction bars + grabby tires = Tcase housing split + trans mainshaft twist. Thank you shock load!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torsen go BOOM!
    [​IMG]

Left Front wheel bearing failure 200+ miles from home.... luckily made it to the relatives. lol.
    [​IMG]

Hit a hole too hard, popped the bead...
    [​IMG]

This would be my last time dealing with GAY ASS mud and water puddles!!! Hardcore water ingestion + loss of 2nd gear.
    [​IMG]

Flange bolts behind last cat backed off resulting in pipe scraping the highway at 75. Roadside Assistant and roadside jimmyrigger I am! lol.
    [​IMG]

What should have been a super simple disc brake conversion (to the tune of $100 total) turned into a $700 over budget affair consisting of a new differential and bonus selectable locker. What happened was the crosspin retaining bolt broke inside the carrier. Cutting was the only option.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  10. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

I've had some gnarly carnage in my day...

hit a tree doing about 85 in a jeep grand cherokee....almost killed me, spend three months in the hospital and will disabled for the rest of my life

last september i was in the gf's car on 80 and got rearend by a yukon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Did you hit the hole at 30 mph? Because that's really the only way you are going to suck up that much water unless it's deeper than your hood? But it doesn't seem to be that way.

12. twowheelin6

twowheelin6 New Member

didnt have pics of the first time. but first time when i first got my ranger, had it exactly one week and it was side swipped in front of house. new tail, and my friend buffing out the the marks, only has a small dent under tail light.

second oct. on poorly lite road, backing up into a parking space, a lady in a black focus instead of stopping zips on pass me with no lights on nothing at 4am, right rear conrer tagged her left rear doors. her fault.

3rd it was 430 last august, heading home from gfs house. on a 2 lane highway, no street lights, a dump truck riding my ass, right after the guard rail ended, a dog ran out in the middle of the road, i had no time to react and sadly hit him at 45mph. did bout 1500 in damages. i had pics of this but my phone died and i lost those.

13. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Maybe but idk.... open filter is pretty damn open to the elements without a valence. But maybe this is a hint...

[​IMG]

My K&N filter actually collapsed and twisted. I did not hit the hole as hard as pictured above. Apparently I can take pics of others rides, yet other folks can't take pics worth a damn of mine. lol. You can tell below I got crazy...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  14. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I found a hidden gem! Out wheeling, being stupid, too fast on a trail and hit a pothole....BANG!!! Ringing ears, burned forearms, hurting nose, etc...

[​IMG]

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Ouch.... lol That must've sucked. I can see something happening like your problem with an open filter.

16. finn611

finn611 happiness is a warm gun

That would suck lol, im surprized that hasnt happened to me to be honest. And good thing you kept it on the trail, must have been cruisin pretty good.

17. that really sucks!