Cap install... brake light question

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by user1300, Apr 14, 2011.

1. user1300

user1300 Banned

I am looking at buying a used cap.

Where is the easiest place to tap into the brake lights? This truck does have a hitch and a trailer harness, so I am thinking that that might be a good option.

Thoughts?

Pics?

Warnings?

Knock knock jokes?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Best bet would be tapping into the tail lights. It hides wires pretty well and is easier to get to in my opinion

4. OP
    user1300

user1300 Banned

From what I have read elsewhere, I am lucky as the '99 has separate turn and brake bulbs. I understand that the 2000 shares bulbs.

5. yes , on the 2001 anyway tapping into the brake lights does not work right .
    as I have tried this and the light on the shell stays bright all the time hahaha so it;s good you have an older truck!

6. OP
    user1300

user1300 Banned

That 7-pin trailer plug would make it easy... unfortunately mine is the 4 pin type.