Calling All Geeks: Aliennware?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by El Camino Man, Apr 20, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hey guys. Im technologically advanced in my opinion. Iv been messin arounfd with computers since I was about 8. Back in those days, dial-up was all that was around... Anyways, Iv seen some stuff about Alienware computers. The first thing that caught my eye is the most obvious: they look SA WEET! And you can also get em with 16GB worth of memory which is crazy! Has anyone used these? If so, are they a good all around computer? They say theyre good gaming computers, but I want gaming AND the ability to do other stuff with my computer. Thanks guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Never used one but from what I have heard they are the top of the line in computers.

4. OP
    El Camino Man

Yea thats what I was hearin too. Theyre expensive but ya get what you pay for.

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Just build one bro.

16gb ram, dual 2tb 7200 rpm hardrives, Intel 3.6 Ghz quad core, ASUS P6x58 motherboard, coupled with dual fans, a badass heatsink, ***xy case and you'll be good to go :D

6. BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

Brinkers has a point but from all my Computer Science and Computer Engineering buddies have never bashed them. They all have their prefrences and most build their own but many of them have either Alienware or Asus computers and they love them. Depending on what you get, they should run anything.

7. OP
    El Camino Man

Id love to build my own computer! Thatd be sweet lol

8. Brinker88

If you play your cards right and do your research for compatability, the tower is an almost plug and play thing.

Oh, and if you havent noticed Im a closet geek :p

9. Asus is pretty good, my laptop is asus

10. Brinker88

Yea they arent bad. But for a decent midgrade motherboard I'd use ASRock hands down. They're amazing for the price

11. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

ASUS makes some of the best motherboards. I have an ASUS tower computer with 8 gb ram, 2 TB hard Drive, upgraded sound/video card (not sure which one, my brother built it for me), and a nice intel 3.2 ghz processor

Wish I had more ram and a faster processor lol. But it's nice and definitely not slow.