Brush-guard question

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by kjohn2007, Feb 2, 2012.

1. kjohn2007

kjohn2007 Keith

i have a 99 ranger and i was thinking about getting a brush guard what would be a good one to get. I mean what places are good to buy them at?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Achromious

Achromious New Member

^ this. If you're pretty pedantic about checking it and keep on it then it wont be very long before you find one for a really good price. On craigslist you'll also get one for at least half what you'd pay new or online

4. ob269

ob269 New Member

Yeah, what Craig and Brandon said. I'm not sure where you live but member greenmachine2000 pusted a for sale thread of one he found on craigslist.. its in toledo n $200

5. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

I have two brush guards lol. I got one for $25,.it was all black, kinda rusty, and had it's no mounting brackets. I got the second one, it's black and chrome by Westin, for $75. It also has no mounting brackets.

These two look like they are the same, other than the chrome one being nicer, but the black one seems to be bent in more, the sides that go around the lights are too right, they hit the lights, I have to bend it outward so it will wrap around the lights. The chrome one fits around it perfect. I'm thinking the black one may be for a Mazda??
    Anyway im making custom mount brackets to go on my custom from hitch bar im making.

So once I get this all done, I can swap back and forth between the chrome one and the black one.
    But I'm going to sandblast the black one, and repaint it black and red, or maybe yellow lol.

So keep an eye out on Craigslist, u never know what u will find.