Best Tire Shop

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by El Camino Man, Feb 18, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hey guys! I am in the market for tires (or like to think I am) and I am wondering where the best place to buy tires is? EBay is ridiculous. TireRack is reasonable. And this website I found called www.tirecrawler.com that has AWESOME prices! Im just wondering if theyres anywhere else I should check? Thanks guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. BisketFx4

BisketFx4 New Member

4. OP
    El Camino Man

Shippings the same from all 3 tho. With discount Tire, they jack up the price of the tire for the free shipping.
    Tirecrawler-Discoverer AT3: $718 w/ shipping
    Discount Tire-Discoverer AT3: $752 w/o shipping
    Exact same tire

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats good info...I usually just dealt with tire shops locally but all the tires have been jacked up by 35% and its getting ridiculous here

6. OP
    El Camino Man

I need to go looking locally. Theres a shop here in town thats super reasonable and the guys nice. He shot me a quote of $200 a tire for my 18s which was cheaper than online stores! Bad part is hes on vacation for 2 weeks and some dumba** is runnin it for now...

7. Achromious

Achromious New Member

A good friend of mine used to work at a tire place and said that they bought their tires from tirerack.com cause they could make such a good profit on them. I know my mom just got tires off there

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

One thing you have to watch (around here anyways) is the tire shop will rape you on mounting/balancing fees if you bought your tires new online. One shop quoted me $9.00/tire if I bought them there and $30/tire if I bought them online or somewhere else.

Bastians ended up giving me a better price than anyone could match, even tire rack and the online competitors

9. AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

I ordered tires online and just about every local dealer. I found that the beat bet well for me at least was jackwilliams yeah the tire I got they were selling.g it for $10 more then online dealers but when u add in shipping and about 20 a tire for mounting and balancing and then ur valve stems it came out to be the better deal

10. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I got my tires for a steal at a local Discount Tire last April. Got BFG M/T KM2's for $190 a tire (regularly $224.99 a tire) since I bought 5 they lowered the price for every tire I bought. Also picked up my wheels from them for $95 a piece (regularly $125.99). Got 5 tires/wheels for under $1500. Also the best part is, there wasn't tax on any of it. They were having a tax free weekend sale or something, that I didn't even know about until they told me when I walked in the door. Purchased the lifetime warrenty for all 5 wheel/tire combo's. Because if they can't fix a tire, they will replace it for free. Total cost with everything was around $1850. That's with lifetime warrenty, unlimited rotation and inflation and free replacement.

11. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i got mine from onlinetires.com