best brand spray on bedliner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcdonald58, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

im thinking of picking up a can or two of spray on bedliner to paint my bumpers since its supposed to be 60 for the week. whats brand have you guys had the best luck with? i want smooth even coats that dosent make a huge mess.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Rustoleum spray on bed coating at Walmart. I used the stuff when it was 20 degrees out and it looks great

4. ob269

ob269 New Member

Yeah that's the only kind I've ever used, the Rustoleum kind for $8 a can at wally world.. made my roll bar look wonderful..

5. Here's my buddy's Durango before and after he used it.

[​IMG]

Here it is with the bedliner on it
    [​IMG]

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

yea i think im going to use rustoleum i saw some at lowes but didnt pick it up because i didnt know the quality. ill pick it up Wednesday when im in that area. while on the subject of paint. where do you guys get your krylon fusion? im going to pick some up for my grille. i went to lowes to get some but they didnt have any.

7. Walmart sells everything Krylon.

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

got mine at walmart i think it was about 3.50 a can.... with all i have painted i think i have probably kept my walmart in business.... lol

9. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ok awesome thanks guys sounds like walmart is the place to go for paint. maybe ill make a trip to there tonight.

10. Good luck man. And walmart's the place for EVERYTHING! lol

11. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

how many cans of spray on bedliner should it take to do my front and rear bumper?

12. Less than 1. I used two and a quarter to do my entire sides and tailgate, and my hood too, and I still have about half a can left

13. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ok awesome thanks a lot. i got a can of krylon fusion but my walmart didnt have any of the spray on bedliner. ill have to pick up a can on Wednesday. i cant wait to start painting i hate my factory gray.

14. The bedliner would be over by the automotive stuff, near the touch up paint and cleaners

15. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ok thanks a lot. i cant wait to pop off my grille and the trim pieces around the headlights going to look so good. ill be sure to post pics up of the after.

16. Sounds good man!

17. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

to remove the trim around the corners do i have to remove both the headlights and the corners. i think im going to get the prep work done tomorrow and leave it looking like crap for a day or two until i paint it.

18. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

im going to use my buddies paint gun to do my bumpers and grille. since it will be more even.

19. Alright man, if you know what you're doing you can make it look as even as a paint gun

20. ob269

ob269 New Member

How you gonna get the bedliner into the paint gun? They're in a spray can right now..

21. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

im not going to use bedliner. im going to use paint that you can put in a spray gun with a rust preventive primer under it.