Bad news...

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by DangerRanger99, Dec 31, 2011.

1. DangerRanger99

DangerRanger99 who wants a v8?

ive been having trouble with my truck over heating for a while....never could fig out what it was so finally took it to a shop.thats were i got bad news i have a cracked head so come fri and 1000 dollars later ill have new heads and no more cooling problems :thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

did you check and see how much it would be to magna flux the head?

4. OP
    DangerRanger99

not really sure what that is? this is only my sec truck and first ever motor work

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

grrrrr nevermind...... have you asked them if they can fix the head you have now.....

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Not good but glad to hear you are fixing it up

7. OP
    DangerRanger99

ya i had a feeling it was bad but didnt want to face it....was about to trade it in, then found out it was the head. and it was all caused due to the propeller inside the water pumping breaking off....they think theyll be able to fix the original heads

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Magna fluxing is not fixing the head. Magna fluxing is a fine powder with an electromagnetic charge that finds small cracks in the head.

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah realised that after wards....... and just didnt edit my earlier post......

10. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Probably should have so not to confuse the OP, ya dig?

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats good they can fix it. After that, we will help you mod the ranger!!!

12. OP
    DangerRanger99

ya i need to do more to it...its way to plain for me lol

13. OP
    DangerRanger99

update

well got a call at work yesterday from the shop fixin my truck and my heads were un repairable so another 500 down the drain for me i guess

14. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Are you going aftermarket or stock?

15. OP
    DangerRanger99

just stock