Anyone want to help me install Ring/pinion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brinker88, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I was wondering if any of you folks had experience in installing ring/pinions in axles. Doing a gear swap in the near future and am blown away at the cost of a shop doing it. Beer and pizza on the house! :thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I am not familiar with it, but I could try. I could do it on a wed, thursday, friday

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i have done it a couple of times but i'm really to far away and the fact i dont have the tools anymore to do it so i'm no help.....

5. If I was closer I could help..
    Scroll down

Scroll down

Scroll down
    Scroll down

drink and eat the pizza

6. OP
    Brinker88

^Lol dick

And Klinger...what tools do you suggest I have on hand?

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

sockets rachets wrenches hammer to knock the old pinion out breaker bar something to hold the pinion when you put the new one in to tighten the pinion bolt.... torque wrench and i found a how to on it.... http://www.ehow.com/how_2159877_set-up-differential.html
    i know it looks really hard but once you get into it it's really simple..... the first time it will probably take you a couple of hours....
    did a little more searching and found this how to on frf.....

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/how-submissions/1968-how-ring-pinion-gear-install-inspection.html

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. lol sorry I had to.. otherwise I would just be in the way

9. OP
    Brinker88

Thanks dude, much appreciated!

10. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I could come and watch and eat pizza