almost lost the truck this weekend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hazard-maine, Jan 29, 2012.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

so this weekend i headed up north about 100 miles to up about 2145ft above sea level into the northern mountains of maine to my parents camp, so when i got up there i was driving down the road thinking it was plowed out, but really it was just packed down by snowmobilers, so when i realized this i tryed to turn around and head back to the closed plowed part. but i hit a soft spot in the snowly icey road and my truck fell in about 4ft of icey hard snow, i was stuck there with my girlfriend trying to dig myself out for about 5 hours, then around 4 i gave up and decide to break into my parents camp for because it was starting to get dark and really cold, really fast, so i left notes on my truck and spray painted lines showing where i was going, and brought a hammer to smash the glass to the front door of there camp, so i made it there and spend the night, and today i heard a groomer riding down the near by trail that cut on to the road, so i ran to stop it, when i stopped it the guy was more then welcome to help, it took us about 6 hours to get my truck up on top of the snow instead of 4 ft down in it, it almost came to the point where i almost had to leave it there untill late spring when the snow went away, only damage down was a burnt out tail light, and well the window to my parents camp, but there was a spare door so its all fixed now

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    hazard-maine

and no i do not have pictures, i was too busy trying to get my truck unstuck and making sure my girlfriend was okay and what not

4. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

glad u got it out and no damage was done.

wouldv been terrible if it would have to stay till spring to thaw out

5. OP
    hazard-maine

yeah if that was the case im pretty sure it wouldnt have been running, and it was one hell of a weekend

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Dammm man!! Glad you got it out and glad your safe, and not under 4 ft of snow

7. OP
    hazard-maine

yeah that groomer with all 700 and high torque with tracks was haveing trouble getting my out today

8. pooleo

pooleo New Member

should have got that jeep! :p

9. OP
    hazard-maine

That said jeep would have been dowb there next to my truck

10. Taylor

Taylor Roman 1:16

Gald you got your truck out.

Thats crazy. I bet you were pooped after trying to dig that thing out.

11. OP
    hazard-maine

Oh trust me i still am now, everything hurts

12. lol Andrew. All the fun stuff happens to you

13. OP
    hazard-maine

Fun? what is your type of fun?

14. Hahahahahahahaha. This type of stuff. Ripping your arm apart on a window, almost sinking your truck, etc.... lol

15. OP
    hazard-maine

Pete you may need to go get your head scanned somepoint soon haha

16. Lmao. Even my girlfriend asks if I have a few screws loose lol I think I have more than a few. Hahahaha

17. OP
    hazard-maine

I think you have a misfire up there

18. Lmfao. Nah, all the exhaust fumes I breathe in are causing brain cells to die off. Hahahahaha. My truck's the one with the misfire. Haha

19. OP
    hazard-maine

20. ob269

ob269 New Member

Well its good that you got her out and you guys had somewhere safe to stay! Imagine staying the night in that **** in your truck.. woulda been a COLD night..

21. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

the things pete says lol