abs light

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by PBkid, Jul 31, 2011.

1. PBkid

PBkid New Member

Hello new to this forum.. I just bought a 1997 with 3.0v6 and auto trans for my grand daughter, it has a abs light that won't go out and a door ajar light on also.. I took the + cable off battery and let sit overnight, lights still stay on after engine starts any body know how I can get these lights off ? Slamed both doors ajar light still on doors are not, ajar no check engine light..

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. for the door ajar light, spray wd40 into the door latches, the door switch is in the latch, spray well and open and close the doors a few times . should take care of that problem.
    for the abs light if you do not have a code reader, I would take intoautozone or a parts store that offers free code reading

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

How is your brake fluid looking? If its low your light will come on.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Your abs light may just be the connections under your seats, Disconnect the wiring mounted under the seats, spray wd40 inside them and reattach them. That should work if the ABS light blinks then stays on after. The connections just need a bit of lube thats all

6. OP
    PBkid

PBkid New Member

Thx for the info--got the door ajar light off with the wd40, could not find a wire under the seat for the abs is it under the carpet ? brake fluid is full..

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Should be attached to the underside of the seat

8. might have metal shavings over the abs sensor at the wheel, if you can't find hooligans connector take it to a brake shop they can pull the code

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Holy ****....My brain is friggin fried!!! The abs light may be due to a sensor in the hub being bad, not the connection under the seat...I was thinkin airbag for that...what a friggin tard I am!

10. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol it's from all that coffee and those damn doughnuts....... mmmmmmmmmmm doughnuts......... lol

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I think stress, I went out to the store the other day and ended up somewhere else for some reason

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol man you need to take a hooligan day..... go out and cast your line in the water and just chill for a couple of hours..... or go take a hike or something to just get your thoughts in order...... or go out to the man cave and down a couple beers.....

13. sounds like you need a motorcycle ride dude

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I had to sell my bike and with my new work schedule I dont get much time to myself anymore. I shot a couple racoons tonight, that made me feel a little better. Little pricks wouldnt stay out of my garbage can!

15. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol but seriously take a few hours for you if not we will be hearing how clinton went on a rampage and blew something up..... even if it's a couple hours before or after work....

oh and i'm thinking about getting everything together for an 01-03 swap so i can get a sweetass honeycomb grill....

16. yeah, you just wanted racoon stew, I know ur type haha lifted 4x4, gun rack in the cab, rebel license plate, head of the ex-wife on the wall. yeah now racoon eater ;)

17. Hurley

Don't knock it till you try it. Pretty tasty on the grill.

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Too bad you didnt live closer man, I'd help ya and get my mind off this crap!

LOL.... the damn things get in the garbage can and can climb out and they just scream for hours!! No cookin these things man! I hate just looking at them

I'll take your word dude lol

19. Hurley

It's ok Clinton we won't judge you for what you eat