ABS light is ON

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raprieto, Jan 28, 2013.

1. raprieto

raprieto New Member

I have a Ranger 2001, auto two wheel drive, the ABS light is ON, can somebody helpme how I troubleshooting it, whe the ABS sensor is located? and how to reset the light?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The ABS sensor is located on the hub itself. Most likely it needs to be replaced. They are cheap on ebay or rockauto.com but you will have to pull the brakes and caliper to get to it easily. Looking at this picture, top left of the rotor, you see a black line running to a white color, that is your ABS sensor.

[​IMG]

Sometimes the ABS light will come on because the hub may be bad as well, but again, they are fairly cheap and easy to replace.

4. Joejoe52

Joejoe52 New Member

Hooligan If I am not mistaken the ABS sensor on a 2WD which is what he said he had is in the differential and also known as VSS because he probably only has rear anti lock brakes

5. Joejoe52

Joejoe52 New Member

The sensor for two wheel drive anti lock brakes is in the rear differential not sure which side but if you Google it will show you a picture and go from there. Also could be low fluid level in your master cylinder my 2000 had both the brake and abs light on I opened the master cylinder was low on fluid added some and both lights went out and have not come back on. Hope this helps.

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

yup...you're right, I misread it. Sorry dude!

7. OP
    raprieto

raprieto New Member

thank you guys I will check the diferencial to see where it is located