abs brakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eschuen, Jun 21, 2012.

1. eschuen

eschuen New Member

I've just been told my front right wheel speed sensor is bad on my 2001 4x4 ranger. mechanic said in most cases he has to replace the entire hub as some sensors wont come out. The cost is what has me spooked,450.00 or maybe more. I've looked at the wheel and it looks like a simple job.........any one comment , or have you done this and is it a simple job. Thanks.ken

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

If its the ABS sensor that is bad, he is full of ****. You just need to replace the sensor, thats all! It is a very simple fix, even you can do it, and not replace the hub. I had the same thing happen to my 01 ranger and it is just a sensor. The Stock hubs you have, the ABS sensor is installed with a single bolt. Just remove the tires, caliper, brakes and rotor and follow the ABS line to the hub, unbolt it then unplug it and replace

Click this to get started ----> http://www.rangerforum.net/f35/how-replace-front-brakes-rotors-1240/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012