A Young Guy with an Old Truck

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ClassicFordTruckMan, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ClassicFordTruckMan

ClassicFordTruckMan New Member

My name is Charles, and I'm a Ford truck guy. I am the proud owner of a 1986 Ford Ranger. It's a 2WD, regular cab, it has the 2.9L V6 engine, automatic transmission, and it's Wimbledon White in color. I bought the truck in September of this year, and it's been my pride and joy ever since. It's not the best looking truck ever, but it's in amazing shape for it's age and it gets the job done. It is my daily driver; I drive it 56 miles round trip every Monday-Friday to work, and it hasn't let me down yet.

I am a part time Service Technician at Opelika Ford in Opelika, AL, and part time student in Ford's ASSET training program in Bessemer, AL. I love my job and I could never picture myself doing anything else. I am a fan of everything and anything Ford, but the trucks have always been my favorite. I may have only been on this Earth for 18 years, but during those years I've always done manual labor - working on cars, construction work, lawn care, landscaping - to make money. There's nothing I appreciate more than a good old fashioned work truck, and my 86 is just that. I've always liked trucks more than cars. Cars can only be driven and raced. Trucks can do both of those, but they're also much more useful. A man's truck is his workhorse. He uses it for transportation, cargo hauling, towing, mud-riding (they can be toys too :p) and just about anything else he needs to do. And as far as I'm concerned, the older the better.

I've always liked the Ranger, and I have to say that the original is my favorite. Yes, this is partially because I own one, but they're built to last. I see so many Rangers built in the 90s with blown motors, bad transmissions, you name it. There aren't many original Rangers left, and I've never met one I didn't believe in saving. If I could change one thing about the original it would be those retarded ass overhang things above the doors that make the truck look weird. I want to shave mine off but someone told me that they actually hold the roof together so I haven't tried it yet. But I only paid $600 for it and it runs just as good as it did the day it was built, so I can't complain about it too much.

I'm new to Ranger Forum, but I hope to be a regular around here in the years ahead :)