96 3.0 stumbling at low rpm

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by joncf, Mar 9, 2013.

1. joncf

joncf New Member

I just started having acceleration problem at around 2k rpm I almost seems like a little vibration type feel but clears when accelerating . I got no codes . plugs wires replaced along with coil . change fuel filter and added injector cleaner to tank. don't want to keep dumping money in it anyone have any other ideas?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you may want to try cleaning the Idle Air Control Valve(IAC) and see if that helps your problem....

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I would recommend this too

5. OP
    joncf

joncf New Member

Its idles fine its just when your accelerating it does it. but maybe its a iacv symtom . Ill try cleaning it anyway thanks

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Also clean the throttle body, lube the accelerator line where it meets the throttle body and lube the spring too