94 manuel shifting problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by P-DUB SD, Jun 8, 2009.

1. P-DUB SD

P-DUB SD P-DUB SD

hey all im new here. i have a 94 4x4 5 speed that im having problems getting into gear some times. i put some synthetic mercon in there but the problem still exist. i also looked at the clutch through the hole in the tranny and it looks good, and there is no slipage when i do get it into gear any one got a clue what to try next thx

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Welcome!!

4. OP
    P-DUB SD

P-DUB SD P-DUB SD

thankx man

5. Rangerak

Rangerak New Member

Sounds familiar to me as I traded my 94 4X4 five speed on my new to me truck 2001 4X4 Edge. I had the same problem with shifting and it was the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder needed to be replaced. I tried bleeding it but it didn't help. To bleed it you need a friend to step on the clutch while you or someone crawls under the truck. There is an access hole in the transmission/bell housing on the drivers side. Bleed it much the same as you would your brakes. Have friend step on the clutch and hold it down crack the bleeder screw until no fluid comes out and immediately close the screw. Make sure the master cylinder reservoir is full at all times during this procedure. Good luck this may take several tries to get the air out. Also if there is air in the system it had to get in there somehow. Perhaps at one time the fluid level in the master cylinder was low enough to allow air to get into the system. Or like in my case the slave cylinder was shot.
    R