91 Ranger xlt front shocks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by border_patrol51, Jul 11, 2009.

1. border_patrol51

border_patrol51 New Member

my first post...

I just replaced three of my shocks on my 91 Ranger xlt 2wd. I was able to access the drivers side front shock from the top through the engine compartment, using a 3/8 drive ratchet with extentions and 9/16 deep well socket. My problem is that I can't seem to gain access to the passenger side front, using this method. I jacked up the passenger side , pulled the wheel off and tried using a 9/16 box end on the top nut but was unable to loosen it. I soaked the stud and nut with a penetrating fluid and still busted my knuckles trying this. Not much room to swing a hammer under there!!! :eek:Does anyone know if there is a way to get to the stud from the top?
    I am partially disabled and have trouble using my hands. I really don't want to pay someone to replace one shock. Any suggestions???:blink:
    Rick from Raleigh

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Welcome Rick.