83 Ford Ranger XL Dreaded wiring

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by Jometc, May 23, 2013.

1. Jometc

Jometc New Member

Well I picked up this rolled and crunched gem for a couple hundred the engine cranked and the trans was a stick so I could verify that it works to make a long story short ive done everything so far that is 100% necassary to be a half decent little runner. Pulled out the front end straightened up some metal replaced the stearing control arm and the gear case remounted a shock that had made its way out of its holder rebuilt the 2.8 head gasket valves ect...

now I am to this last little part.... the Electrical :eek:.... ive been putting it off because, quite frankly its impossible to find good guides for replacing a harness or rewiring. So this is why I am here not only to share in my love for the Ford Ranger I have put some sweat and blood into but, to ask for any tips suggestions guides....

Break it down here is what I am after...

A guide to replacing the wiring harness as if I had pulled one from the same make/model/year and had it to replace the crap I currently have...

A guide to rewiring with only necessary stuff such as...
    :Running gear lights/Ignition/Temp sensor

How to eliminate all those darned airlines (I currently have a carborated Holey) I dont suspect a carborated engine truly needs those blasted airlines and how can I eliminate the emissions all together I live in a place were those are not a requirement ;)

Anywho any general information guides or just tips are greatly appreciated not in to much of a hurry so no rush!