4wdrive rims vs 2wd rims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jim ironside, Oct 31, 2017.

1. jim ironside

jim ironside New Member

i have tries some ford escape rims nad also rander 2wd rims but don't seem to fit the fronf end as tthe centre hole is just a little to small! i know assuming is not good but it seem to get other rims on my 4wd they must come off of a 4wd truck? i could have a machine shop ream the hole just a bit to make it work.
    please comment and help me out.
    thanks jim

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

Welcome to the forum, Jim! You didn't say what year Ranger you have, but based on the issue you are having, I want to say you have something around 1998-1999... maybe older? My 2WD EDGE wheels fit my son's 1999 4WD with no problems, so I don't know what is causing the problem with the 2WD Ranger rims. The Escape rims I can understand them not working, though.