302 ?

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 95 Ranger, May 25, 2009.

1. 95 Ranger

95 Ranger New Member

I want to put a 302 in my 95 ranger> I wanted to know how hard it is to put one in THanks Josh

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

You need a big shoehorn and a reciprocating saw. It should take about 10 minutes. Seriously, it's not all that hard and there are a lot of different ways to do it. Just surf around a little and you should find numerous write ups on it. It has become so common that there are used swap parts out there as well. Best of luck should you go for it and we would like to see the buildup in progress...:thumbsup:

4. OP
    95 Ranger

95 Ranger New Member

Wat do I need to Cut. And Im going to do it and ill post pics of the buildup

5. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

I know that some of the "kits" require that the frame be notched out a little bit but I'm sure that there are newer versions that don't require that at all. I'm thinking about doing the same thing to my '97 but I'm going with solid mounts that I have left over from my circle track days and more than likely I will use older (late 60's) factory manifolds. I will also be using one of my leftover 2 row racing rads that I will modify the rad support to accept. Honestly, a stock 302 in a Ranger will have more than enough power to not need headers and big exhaust. I have a 302 from a '93 F150 that I plan on putting the roller setup into so that I will have the 351w/302HO firing order. Roller cams last forever and the windsor firing order just sounds cooler. I'm also going to be keeping it fuel injected as it really isn't that hard to do and FI vs. carbed on the street is a no brainer. If/when I decide to tackle the project I will post up the build piece by piece but first.........finish the kitchen remodel......