2001 Ranger

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by CatoRanger, Oct 3, 2011.

1. CatoRanger

CatoRanger New Member

I have recently decided to change the clutch on my 2001 Ford Ranger (the clutch would make unusual noise when changed gears) and I have decided to change the flywheel while I was at it. But, when I was taking it off, I didn't mark which guides the bolts had been in.

Can I put the flywheel back on even if it's not in its original position? Or will this affect the starting of the engine? And if it will, which position should I put it in?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I know on VW's if you do not mark the flywheel prior to taking it off, chances are when you put it back on it will not be balanced. on the ford ranger I have no clue, but would think it is the same but who knows?

4. OP
    CatoRanger

CatoRanger New Member

That was a faster reply then I would think.....

0_0

So far so good!

5. OP
    CatoRanger

CatoRanger New Member

-_-

So I remebered a mark on the flywheel, that helped me position it.

Now though, I can 'feel' the truck slighty vibrate. Does the flywheel have anything to do with it?

6. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

if you did not put it on the same marks it will give you trouble but should be ok to drive