2000 ford ranger xlt supercab

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by ctomlinson, Jan 19, 2012.

1. ctomlinson

ctomlinson New Member

I have purchased the captioned vehicle which is lacking plastic switch covers on the steering wheel. Can someone help identify the switches?

Also there is circuit to the drivers seat but I cannot find the switch to operate it.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Switches may be on the side of the seat, and can you post pictures of the caps that are missing, or at least a better description of them? Could be your cruise pods...

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the plastic on the steering wheel is the cruise control pods.... you cna find them at a local junk yard or you can put up a thread in the trades and sales section we have several members here that sell items like that.... and what type of circuit are you talking about to the drivers seat?

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Pics would help alot and we can give you the exact answer you need

6. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Rangers didnt come with power seats, at least to my knowledge, that circuit is most likely going to the seatbelt latch, which lets the annoying dinger know when to ding.

7. OP
    ctomlinson

ctomlinson New Member

To all who replied I offer my THANKS. I'll look for the cruise control pads in the trade section and now know the the seat circuit activates the seat belt alarm (ding).

8. OP
    ctomlinson

ctomlinson New Member

To all who replied I say Thank You. I will check the trade section for the cruise control pads and now know the seat circuit control the seat belt alarm.