2 free rangers (and a s-10)

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by Moparguy, Mar 9, 2020.

?

what should I do with the engine and tranny from the parts truck???

1. build the parts truck to be good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. find a mustang or something with no motor or tranny and put the ranger engine and tranny in it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. sell it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. let it sit in my backyard for 30 years and say "I'll do something with it someday"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. take it to smith iron and metal and get $150 from it (if that)

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moparguy

Moparguy New Member

so, today I got 2 rangers for free.(and a s-10) I think one is a 83 or 84 and one is a 87 or 88. I'll say 84 and 88 just for simplicity. the 84 is blue (well, not anymore b/c of rust) and is a parts truck. beautiful interior and engine and tranny are good. was wondering if i could put the interior in the 88 without having to do any welding??? all the 88 needs is brakes (the originals are seized) and a battery (and the good interior because this one is crap. Mother nature and the original owner were not kind to this truck) also has new (like new anyways, but not original) engine and a repo tranny. 84 has 1 wheel and tire and is somewhat buried in the field it is in.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

4. OP
    Moparguy

Moparguy New Member

well dean, all I know is it needs the alternator, serpentine belt, a battery, and wheels and tires. he says with a battery and some ether it should start up. I actually haven't even had the time to pick any of them up yet so I have genuinely no Idea. the s10 is all original though. white, extended cab, red interior (gross color but in great shape) melted steering wheel because of sitting in a field for 5ish years, original wheels and tires but the tires definitely need to be replaced. I'm gonna sell the wheels and just buy some new wheels and tires because I don't really like the originals with the ugly-ass hubcaps with the bowtie (that's what makes them ugly (I'm a mopar guy but i'll take what I can get))

5. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

Thank you for the update on the S-10...and you're welcome.

6. OP
    Moparguy

Moparguy New Member

Does anyone have any cheap wheels+tires near richmond, VA? I have found some on tirerack and craigslist but I just want to know if I can get any cheaper... I'm practically broke and trying to start a mowing business with a mower I am rebuilding so I also need some money for that

7. OP
    Moparguy

Moparguy New Member

for the s10 I btw

8. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

junk yard?

9. OP
    Moparguy

Moparguy New Member

surprisingly I never thought of that. thanks for the Idea

10. DeanMk