1997 Hood swap

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 4x4, Oct 6, 2012.

1. 4x4

4x4 New Member

Would a hood from a 99 fit on my 97?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

yes and no. yes, it will bolt to the hinges. no, it will not fit right without the fenders, core support, header panel, lights, grill, etc.

4. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea the 99 is too wide right?

5. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

no, widths are the same. the curve to the fender is different, and the hood latch is in a slightly different location.

6. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ahh, i wanted to get a 93-97 aftermarket hood from CL and someone told me it was too narrow lol well atleast it didnt fit and i didnt buy it

7. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

widths work, that's why you can do the 98-11 conversion on 93-7 rangers. i'm right in the middle of doing an 03 on my 93.

8. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea true that makes sense. i remember i think pooleo had a conversion like that and it looked like the new header panel was wider, but that could be because it wasnt all in and such.

9. OP
    4x4

4x4 New Member

Thanks for the help fellas