1993 ford ranger

Discussion in '2.3 Engine' started by skilletdog, Nov 10, 2010.

1. skilletdog

skilletdog New Member

1993 ford ranger 2.3 engine will not heat up on cold days and on warmer days it does fine.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. gdog1678

gdog1678 rangerdanger

what kind of temperature are you talking about

4. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

my '93 does the same thing, I'm thinking that it's the thermostat or a clogged heater core but I'm too lazy to change it. It's been that way for two years.

5. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

Start with a thermostat ($5-10) and then see what happens.

6. bobkyle2

bobkyle2 !! BAMF !!

Yes as lenn stated i would change the thermostat and gasket.... Note which way you pull the thermostat out .. you dont want to get it in backwards

7. eriknspice

eriknspice New Member

thermostat

hey guys i've got the 4 cyl in my 93 and i was wondering how to get to those 2 thermo-housing bolts. My haynes manual just says to unbolt them but it's really a tight squeeze. any suggestions?

8. bobkyle2

bobkyle2 !! BAMF !!

i dont really know man.. but i know sometimes u just got to get a good swivel and socket and just go to town... if you post up your own thread someone might come in and give you some better info... if i find my old ranger book i might be able to look it up and see if theres any notes

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to the new 2.3 engine tech section