1988 door window repairs

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by greenie, Jul 14, 2009.

1. greenie

greenie New Member

How difficult is it to repair the electric windows in my 88? The motors are OK, but the tracking for them is making them chatter real bad when going up and down. I think it is caused by the glass funs & weather strips which need to be replaced but how is it done? I have a LMC truck catalog for a ranger that shows the parts: glass runs, weather strip, door anti rattle etc. Where would you recommend me buy good quality parts? My local dealership wants to rob anyone who is not a repair shop. I also need to replace the plastic arm rest/door grab handle which has pulled thru the attaching screws. Thanks for any help.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Yrac

Yrac duuh

Chatter can also be the little gears on the end of the wormdrive. It has a built in slipper clutch so little kids don't chop thier heads off in the window. I fixed mine with fuel hose, if you need more info PM me.