1984 ranger cam and lifters 2.0

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by maxima2fst4u, Mar 19, 2012.

1. maxima2fst4u

maxima2fst4u New Member

im taking the head off as i post this...should i buy a new cam and lifters and blah blah for the 2.0 or buy a 2.3 cam n lifters and put it in instead of the 2.0? will it give me a little bit more power or not plus the old cam is in pretty bad shape..it pecks rattles and sometimes in a load u can here a loud deep peck then smokes like a diesel so i was wondering about that as well..i know the 2.3 has alonger stroke and thats about all i know about the 2.3 n 2.0 some advice pls would be helpful ty n god blessunsure:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

I dont know if a 2.3 cam would fit. Maybe find a 2.3 in a junk yard, rip out the cam and compair? Who knows, the cam may be set up completely wrong for your truck?