01 Front end conversion advice

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by gcextreme, Jan 18, 2013.

1. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Ok im slowly gathering up stuff to do a 01-03 front end conversion on my 99.

I already picked up a powerdome hood I gott get painted this spring.

I need to get the lights, the retaining clips for the lights and the header panel and the honeycomb grille.

Has anyone bought stuff for this off ebay??

I found this combo...lights, side marker corners, and header panel for $97

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-03-FORD-...Ford|Model:Ranger&hash=item35b2587488&vxp=mtr

What are your thoughts??

I still need to find somewhere to get the grille.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

4. dragracer969

dragracer969 New Member

your truck looks fine, sell me your powerdome hood. lol good luck with the swap.

I personally think there are better looking grills then the honeycomb but do what you want

5. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

I bought all my parts off Ebay for 500 bucks. And a free paint job for the valance.

6. OP
    gcextreme

Thanks man...

Lol shipping would be spendy...

Wow $500? Is that with a powerdome hood??

So far heres my estimates:
    Header panel with lights $150 after shipping
    Honeycomb grille $85?? Maybe
    Then my powerdome $180 plus another $150 for painting?
    So its getting up there in price.

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

crymes also purchased a bumper.... i did mine for about 300 but i reused my 98 bumper for now.....

8. Dcrymes99ranger

I bought all my parts separate. And shipping was somewhat free on most of the parts. Like the grill header panel. Lights were brought to me lol.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I never used that seller, but when I did my 06+ conversion, the majority of the parts came from an ebay seller and I was very pleased with the quality.

10. OP
    gcextreme

Thanks guys...hopefully I will be ordering it at the end of the week....keep ya posted.

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Sweet! Good luck!

12. Dcrymes99ranger

Awesome man. And to answer your question about the powerdome. No. I didn't get one. But looking into one. I found one for 175.00 Im gonna get and paint it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  13. OP
    gcextreme

Ordered a honeycomb grille yesterday!! Woohoo

14. Diablo

Diablo New Member

Hooligan might have his old front end parts oh, wait he had his hood shaved but I guess he would have said if he had any left over parts

15. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

no he actually sold his old parts to obd69 i think is who bought them off of him.... and you can search the how to's for the one that i posted about doing the swap it should take like 30-40 mins to actually do the swap....

16. OP
    gcextreme

I still need the headlight retaining clips tho.

17. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

You can try LMCtruck.com or get them from a junkyard or straight from the stealership.

18. OP
    gcextreme

got my clips from a forum member...at half the price of dealership costs...

will try to get pics of all my stuff up soon.... but probably wont actually do the conversion till the snow here melts...

19. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

to make it a little easier you dont have to remove the old headlights from the header panel to swap to the new header panel all the bolts are out of the way of them.. and that way if you ever have to switch back for some reason you dont have to fight to get your headlights realigned....

20. OP
    gcextreme

thanks.. good info to have.

21. OP
    gcextreme

UPDATE UPDATE:

Ok I thought... I thought i had everything i needed for this conversion...

opend up all my stuff today to look at it all and see how it pieces together...and so far i am pleased with the quality....of course i dont have any original 01 stuff to compare it to side by side, but this stuff looks great...
    anyway i was really bummed out about the grille.... IT DIDNT COME WITH A BLUE OVAL!!! the spot for it is there but there is no blue ford oval... so i guess i gotta buy that separate?? does anyone have a part number, or does anyone have one? it doesnt matter if its scratched or not i am going to put an oval AUTOBOT decal over it anyway....

the only other thing i am kind of down about is the honeycomb mesh.. its grey.... so i gotta paint it black and then the black outters red..... i am guessing they do come apart??

Also i need some help to try to figure out how these headlight clips and stuff go into place.... im uploading pics to photobucket
    ---
    Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013